Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for coffee

Yes. You read that right. It's November and everyone is showing their gratitude for the important things in life. Spouses children health.... and I am thankful for coffee? Trust me, I am overwhelmingly thankful for many more significant things than this and I promise - justice will be served to each and every one. But for today? It's about the java.


For me, my love of coffee has very little to do with the caffeine jolt (although I never get decaf because the fully loaded always taste better!) and lots to do with the cozy feeling that goes along with a warm cup. Meaningful conversations with the people I love often happen over a cup of coffee. From one person's 6-shot-espresso-with-extra-flavor-and-chocolate to another's shade-grown-beans-french-press-brewed-with-agave-and-soy-milk concoctation - they all seem to mirror the pesonality of the one who drinks it. I also find that coffee dates are the starting point for many new friendships. ("We should meet for coffee sometime!")


I love that just-right feeling of having coffee in hand before a long road trip, and the smell of a freshly brewed pot at home which adds a peaceful and comfortable sense of routine. And I'll just call it like it is folks. I think it all boils down the the fact that I feel like a grown up when I drink it. Thanks Joe!

No comments: