Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Haiku for the Beloved Fish

Orange gills laid to rest

On a drizzly Autumn day

Goodbye dear Stevie



Yes folks, Stevie has reached the end of short life. Was buried in our backyard as Noah deemed flushing an innappropriate burial. We discussed our favorite memories with Stevie and said a short prayer. Stevie is survived by doting owners Noah and Alyson, not-so-doting owners Jon and Jennifer, and fellow Boyer pets Riley and Abby. Stevie has now been replaced wtih Stevie Jr, and Spiky Millicent. However, I think I need a bigger tank for maximum oxygen exchange for these guys (can you tell I have been doing my fish homework?). If anyone has a rectangular 2-5 gallon fish tank they would like to donate let me know. In lieu of flowers please send donations to the Goldfish Awareness Society.

1 comment:

Daniel and Cerissa said...

So funny :)

Glad to see beloved Stevie had a proper burial.